Klever intents to provide the highest security standard for all of its products and thus also uses all the necessary tools.
This tutorial shows in simple steps how this 2FA option can be recovered in case you need to setup it on a new mobile after losing the old one or if you bought a new one.
How to recover the 2FA Authenticator:
- got to your portfolio screen by clicking on your name and selecting "Account"
- go to "2FA Authenticator" and select "Restore Google Authenticator"
- enter the "Backup Key" which you should have been saved during the creation and press "Next"
- scan the QR-Code with Google Authenticator or create manually the new key generator by pressing the "plus" at the Google Authenticator app and selecting "enter a setup key"
- enter the 6-digit code, which the Google Authenticator app generated for the Klever Exchange app
- there will be a backup key, which you must save at a secure place
NOTE: You need that key, if you lose your mobile with the active Google Authenticator to remove the binding and set up a new mobile.
- the setup is now completed