Klever intents to provide the highest security standard for all of its products and thus also uses all the necessary tools.
These include two-factor authentication. This tutorial shows in simple steps how this 2FA option is implemented with the Google Authenticator.
How to setup the 2FA Authentication:
- got to your portfolio screen by clicking on your name and selecting "Account"
- go to "2FA Authenticator"
- download the Google Authenticator app, if you did not have installed it yet
- scan the QR-Code with Google Authenticator or create manually the new key generator by pressing the "plus" at the Google Authenticator app and selecting "enter a setup key"
- enable the Authenticator by entering the 6-digits, which the Google Authenticator App displays you
- there will be a backup key, which you must save at a secure place
NOTE: You need that key, if you lose your mobile with the active Google Authenticator to remove the binding and set up a new mobile.
- the setup is now completed
- you can find the activated 2FA Authenticator status at your "Account" screen