Klever opens the opportunity to anyone with a mobile device anywhere in the world to earn a passive income by staking tokens inside Klever Wallet. This tutorial explains how to stake KLV token in order to earn rewards. Note that, you can stake KFI and DVK tokens in similar steps. However, the APR (Annual Percentage Rate) is different from a token to another.
You can stake KLV inside Klever Wallet as follows:
Tap on KLV token from your Portfolio screen, then switch to the target Account.
Inside the KLV Account, tap on STAKING icon.
Inside the staking screen, tap on the Staking button.
Enter the amount of KLV to stake, and then tap on Next button.
NOTES: You can see the current APR inside the staking screen. You can also see the amount of available KLV and the amount of staked KLV.
In the next screen, you can see the estimated earnings and the minimal staking period (3 days). To proceed with KLV staking, tap on Confirm button. After that, you have to enter the PIN code to sign the transaction.
- You can accumulate above staked KLV only if the current APR is the same as the APR of the staked KLV. If you have KLV staked at an APR (e.g. 16%) higher than the current APR (e.g. 10%), then you cannot add more KLV to the high APR stake (APR = 16%). In this case, you can stake more KLV in a new Account (new Wallet Address) at the current APR (APR = 10%). To know how to create an additional Account inside Klever Wallet please check: How to create additional accounts.
- You have to claim your KLV staking earnings manually. You can Claim your earnings every 60 minutes. However, you can accumulate the earnings as long as you want.
- You can unfreeze (unstake) KLV any time you want after 3 days from the staking time.
- When you unfreeze KLV, you will not instantly receive your KLV in your Account. You have to wait 7 days to be able to withdraw the KLV to your Account. During this 7 days period, no more KLV will be earned, and you will not see the KLV in your Portfolio.
- After the 7 days, you have to manually withdraw your KLV under the staking screen.
- If you did not claim your available earnings before you unfreeze your KLV, then you will receive those earnings at the end when you withdraw your KLV after the 7 days.
- KLV staking smart contract consumes some Energy for each operation (Staking, Claiming, Unfreezing, and Withdrawing). If your wallet does not contain enough Energy then some TRX will get burnt from your wallet to generate the required Energy. We recommend you to have the following amounts of Energy or TRX for each operation:
- To Stake KLV: 100,000 Energy or 40 TRX
- To Claim KLV: 50,000 Energy or 20 TRX
- To Unfreeze KLV: 70,000 Energy or 30 TRX
- To Withdraw KLV: 70,000 Energy or 30 TRX
- The APR model for KLV token is regressive. This means that each year it is reduced as follows:
💰 10% for 2021💰 8% for 2022
💰 6% for 2023💰 4% for 2024💰 2% for 2025
- The APR model for DVK token is the same as KLV token but with time difference. The APR% for DVK is 10% for year 2022 and then decreases by 2% every year until 2026. The rewards model for KFI token is totally different. We refer to KFI White Paper for details about KFI staking rewards.