Bandwidth and Energy are the two essential resources that are needed to perform transactions and run smart contracts on Tron blockchain.
Regular transactions (such as TRC10 token transfer, freeze, vote and unfreeze transactions) consume only Bandwidth. Whereas, TRC20 token transfer and running smart contract transactions consume both Bandwidth and Energy.
Every wallet in Tron blockchain acquires 5000 Bandwidth for free. This is enough to perform few regular transactions every day. More Bandwidth and Energy can be acquired by freezing TRX.
You can freeze TRX inside Klever Wallet for Bandwidth or Energy as follows:
Tap on TRX token from your Portfolio screen, then switch to the desired Account.
Inside the TRX Account, tap on FREEZE icon.
Inside Freezing screen, select BANDWIDTH or ENERGY.
Enter the amount of TRX to freeze, then tap on Freeze button. Note, you may enable Freeze to another address switch and provide another address to receive Bandwidth or Energy on it.
In the next screen, you can review all the details of the transaction before tapping on Submit Transaction button. After that, enter your PIN code to sign the transaction and you are done.
The minimum duration to freeze TRX is 3 days. That's when you freeze TRX you can unfreeze them only after 72 hours.
When you freeze TRX you also acquire Tron Power which enables you to vote for Tron Super Representatives. Note, you have to vote in order to receive rewards.
Klever Tip: TRX Staking inside Klever Wallet works as a shortcut for Freezing TRX for Energy + Voting to klever.io SR. This means that when you stake TRX inside Klever Wallet you acquire Energy and you automatically vote to klever.io SR which gives you rewards paid in KLV token.
- When you make a transaction, if your wallet does not contain enough Bandwidth and Energy then some amount of TRX will be automatically burnt to generate the needed Bandwidth and Energy. This burnt TRX acts as transaction fee on Tron blockchain.
- To reduce transaction fees on Tron blockchain, it is recommended to freeze TRX to acquired Bandwidth and Energy.
- When you freeze TRX you can only choose one of the two resources: Bandwidth or Energy. However, you can repeat the freezing process as many times as you want and, each time, you can choose Bandwidth or Energy. The acquired Bandwidth and Energy will add up.
- Smart contracts consume more Energy than Bandwidth. So, Energy is more needed to interact with dApps and perform operations such as staking tokens.
- The amount of Bandwidth and Energy required by smart contracts is not fixed. It depends on the underlying operations and time required to perform them. We recommend to contact smart contract owners for details about the amount of Bandwidth and Energy required to run their contracts.
- Bandwidth and Energy automatically start to re-charge every time some amount get consumed from your wallet to perform transactions. It takes 24 hours for Bandwidth and Energy to get fully re-charged staring from zero.