You can stake TRX inside Klever Wallet to earn rewards. Staking TRX also provides your wallet with some Energy. Indeed, staking TRX inside Klever Wallet is a shortcut for freezing TRX for Energy, and then voting to klever.io SR. Energy is an essential resource that is needed to perform TRC20 token transfers and performing smart contract transactions on Tron blockchain. Another essential resource on Tron is Bandwidth. Every wallet in Tron blockchain acquires 1500 Bandwidth for free. To get more Bandwidth you can freeze TRX for Bandwidth.
You can stake TRX inside Klever Wallet as follows:
Tap on TRX token from your Portfolio screen, then switch to the desired Account.
Inside the TRX Account, tap on STAKING icon.
Inside staking screen, tap on STAKING button.
Enter the amount of TRX to stake, and then tap on Next button.
Tap on Confirm button to approve the process. Then, sign the transaction by providing your PIN code or using your biometrics.
- When you stake TRX, you earn rewards paid in KLV token. The APR of TRX staking is approximately 6%.
- KLV rewards are automatically sent to your wallet every 24 hours. You do not have to claim the rewards yourself.
- When you make a transaction, if your wallet does not contain enough Bandwidth and Energy then some amount of TRX will be automatically burnt to generate the needed Bandwidth and Energy. This burnt TRX acts as transaction fee on Tron blockchain.
- Smart contracts consume more Energy than Bandwidth. So, Energy is more needed to interact with dApps and perform operations such as staking tokens.
- To reduce transaction fees when your perform smart contract operations such as staking KLV, DVK and KFI tokens, it is recommended to stake some TRX to acquired Energy.
- Bandwidth and Energy automatically start to re-fill every time some amount get consumed from your wallet. It takes 24 hours for Bandwidth and Energy to get fully filled staring from zero.